Iltizam Journal of Shariah Economic Research operates a rigorous peer-review process. In most cases, this is a single-blind assessment with at least two independent reviewers, followed by a final acceptance/rejection decision by the Editor-in-Chief, or another academic editor approved by the Editor-in-Chief. The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the academic quality of the publication process, including acceptance decisions, approval of Guest Editors and special issue topics, and new Editorial Board members.
All manuscripts sent for publication in our journals are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed by experts (this includes research and review articles, spontaneous submissions, and invited papers). The Managing Editor of the journal will perform an initial check of the manuscript’s suitability upon receipt. The Editorial Office will then organize the peer-review process performed by independent experts and collect at least two review reports per manuscript. We ask our authors for adequate revisions (with the second round of peer-review if necessary) before a final decision is made. The final decision is made by the Editor. Every submitted article will be independently reviewed by two peer reviewers (Double-blind). The decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendations. After being reviewed, there will be four kinds of editor decision based on the reviewers’ recommendation:
- Accept Submission: The submission will be accepted without revisions.
- Revisions Required: The submission will be accepted after minor changes have been made.
- Resubmit for Review: The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, it may be accepted. It will require a second round of review.
- Resubmit Elsewhere: Articles cannot be accepted because the substance of the article is incompatible with the field of science.
- Decline Submission: The submission will not be published in the journal.
- See Comment: see the feedback from the reviewer for the Editor.
Articles may be accepted without revision, minor revisions, major revision, or rejected. The results of reviewed articles by reviewers will be notified to the author via email. The author is given an opportunity to revise his article based on the reviewers' suggestion (and editor) no later than 10 weeks after the email notification.
All incoming articles will be checked for authenticity to prevent plagiarism by using Plagiarism Checker X, and all articles published in Iltizam Journal of Shariah Economic Research are open access by following the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0). The Full license can be found here.