The Author’s Guideline of Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan since the publication year of 2018
Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan, with registered number ISSN 1979-598X (print), 2548-1770 (online) is a scientific multidisciplinary journal published by Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat UIN Sultan Thaha Saifuddin Jambi. It is at the national level that covers lot of common problems or issues related to the social sciences and religious studies. The aim of this journal publication is to disseminate the conceptual thoughts or ideas and research results that have been achieved in the area of social sciences and religious studies
Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan has been accredited as a scientific journal by The Ministry Research, Technology and Higher Education, Republic of Indonesia, SK Kementerian Riset, Teknologi dan Pendidikan Tinggi RI. This journal was indexed in Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD), Indonesia Publication Index (IPI) and Google Scholar. The Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan editorial board invites you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal. The example of writing format article is HERE
- How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author, should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words. Moreover, the title of the article that is written in Bahasa Indonesia should be also stated in English either (look at the example above).
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separately by comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
- The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript should be written in English or Bahasa Indonesia with the standard language. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm and top 30 mm, Arial theme font, 12pt font size, and 1.5 line-spacing.
- The manuscript is typed using Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 6,000-7,000 words including figures, tables and references.
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies that can be downloaded here (right click and open).
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan E-journal portal (http://e-journal.lp2m.uinjambi.ac.id/ojp/index.php/Kontekstualita/) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the author or reviewers in the “Register” bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method, (h) the research findings and discussion, (i) the conclusion, (j) acknowledgement, (k) the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Methods, Findings and Discussion, and Conclusion) should not be numbered. The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without an underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there are no spaces between paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption and source (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title and source below the table. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well in black and white ink (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
- The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 14pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format.
Abstract: The abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by with three to five keywords and arranged alphabetically. The abstract must contain research objectives, methods, result, conclusion, and limitation (optional). Abstract written in 1 space line and 12 font size Arial.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including research design, data collection, research instrument and analytic methods. This part should be narrated.
Findings and Discussion: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis or research question stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions, limitations, and recommendations. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis or research question, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain deficiency in the research and suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
Acknowledgment: Acknowledgements to those who support the research (sponsors and respondents). Families and supervisors are not allowed in this section.
References: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references and cite Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan articles, at least 3 articles.
- The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format that used in Kontekstualita Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Keagamaan follows the format applied by American Psychological Association 6th edition.
Book with single author
Swann, G. M. Peter. (2014). The Economics of Innovation an Introduction. Cheltenhum & Northampton: Edward Elgar.
in-text citation: (Swann, 2014)
Articles in reference books
Alatas, S. F. (2006). Islam and the Science of Economics in Abu Rabi', I.M. The Blackwell Companion to Contemporary Islamic Thought. USA: Willey-Blackwell (pp. 587-606).
in text citation: (Alatas, 2006)
Hackett, Rosalind (2007). “Religous Dimentions of War and Peace: Introduction.” Dalam Gerrie ter Haar dan Yoshio Tsuruoka (Ed.), Religion and Society: An Agenda for the 21st Century (pp. 3-6).
in text citation: (Hackett, 2006)
Master's thesis, from a commercial database
McNieI, D. S. (2006). Meaning through narrative: A personal narrative discussing growing up with an alcoholic mother (Master's thesis). Available from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 1434728)
in text citation: (Mc Niel, 2006)
Doctoral dissertation, from an institutional database
Adams, R. J. (1973). Building a foundation for evaluation of instruction in higher education and continuing education (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://www.ohiolink.edu/etd/
in text citation: (Adams, 1973)
Doctoral dissertation, from the web
Bruckman, A. (1997). MOOSE Crossing: Construction, community, and learning in a networked virtual world for kids (Doctoral dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Retrieved from http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/--asb/thesis/
in text citation: (Bruckman, 1997)
Journal article with no DOI
Bourkhis, K., and Nabi, M. S. (2013). Islamic and conventional banks' soundness during the 2007-2008 financial crisis. Journal Metrics, 22(2), 68-77.
in-text citation: (Bourkhis & Nabi, 2013).
Journal article with DOI
Ichwan, M. (2012). The Local Politics Of Orthodoxy: The Majelis Ulama Indonesia in the Post-New Order Banten. Journal Of Indonesian Islam, 6(1), 166-194. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.15642/JIIS.2012.6.1.166-194
in text citation : (Ichwan, 2012)
Abstract as citation
Hasan, N. (2012). Islamist Party, Electoral Politics And Da’wah Mobilization Among Youth : The Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) in Indonesia. Journal OF Indonesian Islam, 6(1), 17-47. Abstract from http://jiis.uinsby.ac.id/index.php/jiis/article/view/97
in text citation : (Hasan, 2012)
Mass media article
Sahal, Akhmad (2014, March 2). Kiai Sahal dan Realisme Fikih.Tempo Magazine, p. 120.
in text citation : (Sahal, 2014)
Fisher, B. S., Cullen, F. T., & Turner, M. G. (2000). The Sexual Victimization of College Women. Research Report.
in text citation : (Fisher, Cullen, Turner, 2000)
Routray, Bibhu Prasad (2013), National Security Decision-Making in India (RSIS Monograph No. 27). Singapura: Rajaratnam School of International Studies.
in text citation : (Routray, 2013)
Sudibyakto, Hizbaron, D.R., & Jati, R (Ed.) (2009), Proceeding International Seminar Disaster Theory, Research and Policy. International seminar held by Sekolah Pascasarjana, Universitas Gajahmada, Yogyakarta, 8-9 Desember 2009.
in text citation : (Sudibyakto and Jati, 2009)
Janutama, Herman Sinung (2011). “Kraton dan Hubungan Antar Agama.” Paper presented in Seminar Kraton dan Panatagama held by Center for the Study of Islam and Social Transformation (CISForm), Yogyakarta, 17 November.
in text citation : (Janutama, 2011)
Online article in web
Shiva, (2006, February). Bioethics: A Third World Issue. Native-web. Retrieved from http://www.nativeweb.org/ pages/legal/shiva.html
in text citation : (Shiva, 2006)
Online research report
Kessy, S. S. A., & Urio, F M. (2006). The contribution of microfinance institutions to poverty reduction in Tanzania (Research Report No. 06.3). Retrieved from Research on Poverty Alleviation
in text citation : (kessy and urion, 2006)
Qur an, 2 (25)
in text citation : (Q. Albaqarah 2:25).
Graycar, Adam (1992). Social Welfare Policy. Dalam Mary Hawkesworth dan Maurice Kogan (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Government and Politics (Vol. 1). London: Routledge.
in text citation : (Graycar, 1992)
Sultan Hamengkubuwono X (interview, 2011, April 19)
in text citation : (Hamengkubuwono, 2011)
Steijlen, Fridus (2008). A Day in the Life of Indonesia [documentary film, 58 minutes]. Leiden: KITLV Press.
in text citation : (Steijlen, 2008)